Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Getting back into the swing of it all...

I've had 3 of my 5 classes so far, and this is going to be an interesting semester. I start my med-surg clinicals on Friday at OverInflated Ego Hospital. The part I am looking forward to the most is we found out today we will be able to observe a surgery this semester! I am super excited about that! Seeing as I am considering nurse anesthetists as a career option, it'll be nice to know up front if I can't handle surgery!

I've got quite the course load this time around (17 credit hours! ugh!), but oddly, I seem to have more free time.... that doesn't seem right!

I only know one girl in my classes, but I'm sure to become tight with the rest of them! I'm really proud to know that out of the 200 or so of us that started this process 2 years ago, I am one of the 50 left! Not everyone failed out, some chose to leave the major voluntarily, but still, I'm really proud of myself and I hope to keep doing well!

Today's lecture in Med-Surg was on fluids, and how important it is to understand everything you can about them. My head hurt so much after class! I get easily confused between which fluid (hyper-, hypo-, or isotonic) to use with which situation (hypo-, hyper-, isoomalality). It's kinda backwards, and I felt like I didn't know anything in class. Fortunately, most people didn't know it either, so at least I'm not the only moron here! Any helpful webpages or resources you've got would be insanely appreciated!

The beauty of being at the start of the Junior level in the fall is that we get to give flu shots! I'm apprehensive about IM injections, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

For now, I'm going to kick back, ignore some readings and just watch the good ol' boob tube. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment