Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm baaaaack!!

Hello! Living up to my name, I've been M.I.A. from the blogging world this summer. After 3 straight years of school, and an insanely intense last semester, I took a break from all this nursing and school related. I worked in an office over the summer and did not take summer school. But now I'm back!

While the semester officially starts tomorrow, us Nursing Gals had a drug calculations test this past Friday. I'm happy to say, I easily passed it!

We haven't been given much in the way of homework over the summer, which was nice. I actually had a fantastic summer because of it! I've been to baseball games, some amazing concerts (Billy Joel & Elton John, Nickleback, Hinder, Papa Roach as the highlights), got to spend a week with my whole family in town (and had my nephews help me blow out the candles on my birthday cake!) and spend some much needed quality time with The Boy. He's been so supportive of my education and dreams, and he never complains that my schoolwork forces him to be put on the back burner often. I'm really glad that I could spend this time with him before heading back in for another year of crazy!

It's starting to feel like autum here in the midwest. This week was the first week with 50s at night and that crisp feel is in the air. I'm in absolute heaven!

I'm really excited to start this semester and get back in the swing of it. I start clinicals immediately, and have been told that the unit I'm on is the orthopedic unit. I'm not really sure what to expect, but I'll find out Friday.

Now, if you'll excuse me.... I have to stop my cat from eating the donuts... He really likes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment