Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One Crazy Week!

Let's back track...

My first clinical was interesting. We didn't get a patient yet, but we did take a tour of the unit (I'm in a basic Med-Surg unit) and learn how to use the computers, yadda yadda yadda... And let me just say, white pants at 530 am is NOT a good look for me.

This week though, we get patients! Woohoo!!

We finished moving today (thank Jebus!) and I absolutely crashed! I almost never take naps, but I passed out for 2 hours on the couch as soon as we got home. The cats are almost totally adjusted to the new place, the little one is still a bit freaked out, but only because this was his very first move... the fat one has moved several times, and she's used to it. They have so much more room to run and hide and the little one is encountering stairs for the first time!

Tomorrow is my last exam in foundations of clinicals until my final in May, and no more lecture for that class either!

I'm really dreading doing our first assessment/care plan this week! We are starting to do them now and the last one is the one that will be graded, so I understand why we are practicing, but still... a 15 page report after our very first patient?! We haven't even learned anything about lab reports and you want us to post the pts results, what that lab tests for and what the pts levels could signify?! Not to mention that that we need to list all the meds and what each is for even though we don't take pharm until next semester... ugh.

I never realized how much of nursing school is self study... silly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment