Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bad week, but it's almost over...

This week has been one of the most stressful that I have had in a LOOOONG time. I had a massive exam yesterday and had a midterm today.

Yesterday's exam went better than I anticipated, and I got a 90% on it. I am bummed that I didn't get higher considering I spent 4 days studying for it, but I know I made a couple stupid mistakes (marking C on the scantron instead of B). For the most part, I am really happy with that grade.

Today's midterm, however is another story all together. I spent so much time studying for yesterday's test that when I tried to study last night and this morning, my brain began leaking out of every open orifice in my body. My brain actively shut down. During my lab today, my teacher was asking me questions and before I could even process the simple questions she asked me, she looked at me and said "you're brain dead today, aren't you?" Keep in mind, she was not being mean. She could see the look on all of us and actually let us out early so we could have more than a 10 minute break to run across campus to the midterm.

I tried to go over the material before the exam, but it was pointless. I am not confident about this test and that worries me. If I do worse than a 54%, then there is no way that I can pass this class. Which means, that I won't pass the semester and I'll have to redo the whole semester in the fall. Our program states that if you do not get an average of 77% on just your tests, no other work matters, you do not pass the class, and you can't advance to the next set of classes without passing all of this set. And this class only has the midterm and final.

While I know that that's not the end of the world, it still is very disappointing. I'm not exactly in a good place today. But I'm trudging on and finished the paper that is due tomorrow, and now I can try to relax.

Please pray for me. I really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment